The online course is designed to be taken by individuals, and is comprised of videos, games, and quizzes. Once the attendee is registered for the course, and payment is received, then the individual can complete the course by logging into the system. Proof of training certificates are issued after the final quiz is completed.
Groups can also participate in the course. With the group purchase, the number of attendees is selected. The registering person will be identified as the group user/manager, and will be able to add and delete users to the course. This is a great function for larger companies. Once the course is completed by the user, the course cannot be accessed again. If the need for additional users is needed, then more can be purchased. If you choose to use a check for payment, then email the class roster to email@example.com to initiate the singular group course. When the class is complete, only one certificate will issue, so we will email you all the certificates for the entire group as pdf files. The group can work through the course collectively. We welcome feedback on the course as we are developing other online courses. Thank you and have a great day!
This online RSO Refresher course includes content from the Transportation of NORM/TENORM training course, so the two certificates will populate after the successful completion of the course. This course meets the training requirements contained in 49 CFR 172.700 through 49 CFR 172.704 as they pertain to radiation hazards associated with the transportation of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material. IF an individual is involved IN ANY capacity with the shipping process of NORM/TENORM contaminated loads (equipment or waste) that are shipped as HAZMAT Class 7 Radioactive Material, or signing the manifest as the waste generator, then Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that individual have HAZMAT training that is specific to shipping radioactive material.
The topics included, but is not limited to, the following:
- Origins of NORM, Atomic Theory, Sources of Radiation Exposure, and Minimizing Exposure
- Petroleum, Natural Gas Condensate, Upstream, Midstream, and Downstream Processes
- ALARA, Exposure Reducing Tools, Safety Controls, Hazards, and Dose Equivalents
- 49 CFR 173.433 and 49 CFR 173.436 Radioactive Material Calculations, Determinations, and Data Interpretation
- General Awareness, Familiarization Training, Function Specific and Safety Training, and En Route Security
- Emergency Response Information and Assessment of Possible Transportation Security Risks
- Protective Measures, Personnel Security, Radiation Units, and Process Interpretation
- Shipping Categories, Shipping Methods, Packaging, Labeling, and Shipping Papers / Manifesting
Transportation of NORM/TENORM training must be renewed every three (3) years per DOT if no other conditions require retraining prior to the standard three (3) years.